OUR MISSION is to serve, promote, and grow the amateur golf community of the Kansas City regional area.
OUR VISION is to be a premier regional golf association that provides unparallel leadership for the education, growth, and promotion of amateur golf.
The Kansas City Golf Association (KCGA) is a full service regional golf association dedicated to the betterment of the amateur golf community of greater Kansas City.
Founded in 1912, the Association is volunteer-based and governed as a non-profit 501 (c) 4 Missouri corporation.
Thirty-five directors conduct the affairs of the KCGA. KCGA Directors serve without compensation and dedicate hundreds of volunteer hours to the game and activities of the KCGA.
Additionally, more than 60 volunteers (course raters and tournament committeemen) assist in course rating, competitions and communications.
Through a commitment and shared focus, we:
- Emphasize exceptional and innovative member club services
- Provide and encourage participation in value oriented competitions
- Support opportunities for all who want to play
- Protect the game’s integrity and valued traditions
- Embrace change through a continuous improvement process
- Encourage opportunities for volunteer service
The Association’s vision and mission are supported by the following collective core values:
- Service Integrity: We value responding to our members needs with clear, consistent standards, and procedures for all members, treating one another with respect and integrity.
- Membership Diversity: We value cultural, gender, and social diversity reflected in our membership.
- Knowledge: We value knowledgeable players whose actions are consistent with the spirit of the game.
- Collaboration: We value partnerships with other allied associations to bring the amateur golf community together.
- Professionalism: We value employees and volunteers who reflect a dedication and professionalism consistent with our overall mission and conduct our business with the highest level of ethics and honesty.